Tuesday 29 August 2017

Lets Talk About: Taylor Swift




Look what YOU made me do Taylor Swift!! Talking about you, hope you don't write a song about me. 
With all the Taylor Swift hype going around lately I thought it would be appropriate to talk about my own opinions on her and her comeback to the music industry!

The first time I ever heard about Taylor Swift was about 7 years ago, when me and my dad went to watch Wicked! I remember going into the HMV store in London and browsing at the CDs as my dad gave me the choice to go into the store and buy whatever I wanted! I stood there searching for something with a pretty cover (I was only 10!), when I noticed this album of a girl in a purple dress. I took it off the shelf and listened through the list of songs, and they sounded good so I took it to my dad and we bought it! 

The album was called 'Speak Now' and I could remember just loving every song on the album because as we drove home I could not stop listening to it! It was on repeat till we got home. I was in love with her music! I can remember loving all her tracks as I loved listening to the country sounding vibes that were on the album. I still love listening to it, and have even dowloaded the deluxe version on my phone as I just could not get enough of it! Some of my favourite songs include Speak Now, Better Than Revenge, Enchanted and Haunted! I love the mix of pop and country, and intense sounding songs;  all these genres in one album, what could be better than that! 

Fast forward a few years to 2014 and when she released 1989. I downloaded it straight away. I remember staying up till midnight and counted down the hours until the album dropped. I can remember listening to the tunes, and loving every single one of them! They were all so great! However, I did miss the country styled music, but I loved the new pop style! My favourite tunes on this album are Style, Wonderland, Bad Blood (especially the one featuring Kendrick Lamar) and I Wish You Would! I love these tunes as they are all different styles of pop and I love how she mixes these different genres, and creates songs which are so wonderful to hear, they are a thing of pure creation.

 I even wanted to go to see her concert because at the time, she had different guests coming out in each country she performed in, and I wanted to be there. I had FOMO and I remember scrolling through my Instagram feed and feeling jealous at people who took pictures of their tickets or their experience! I had to stop myself from finding out which guests were going to be their as I remember feeling left out as I wasn't there to watch the fantastic shows she was putting on! 
I remember reading the reviews and feeling jealous as people were saying that the experience was the best they ever had! 

Now lets talk about present day Taylor Swift. Swift has been through quite a lot from 'Kimye' to the   groping case, and I feel that she has been quite unlucky as she doesn't deserve these things happening to her, nobody does. But, after these incidents, she has been keeping her head down as she has even deleted her social media!... Until the 21st August, on Twitter, she released a snake video, announcing a new song. Furthermore, she released her new single 'Look What You Made Me Do', this song hints at the bitterness she has for Katy Perry, Calvin Harris, Kayne West, Kim Kardashian and Tom Hiddleston; and when you watch the video you'll see more of the jibes towards them in the various references! 

I think her video showcases her artistic talent rather than the song, but for me I miss her country-style songs and I don't like how she gets her inspiration from the people she's dated, arguments she's had, and bitterness towards the people she hates! I think it's all petty, she is 27 years old, and should sort out her troubles like an adult instead of writing a song about her woes. I'm only stating my opinion here and I do not think she is a good role model anymore! 
She is basically giving out the message that it is okay to mock yourself and other people instead of sorting out your own problems like an adult, which I do not think is a good message for young girls who look up to her! 

What do you think about TS, do you think this song is good/bad and do you like the way she's changed genres over the years??? 

Thank you so much for reading and this is only MY opinion on TS and her new song!


xNx



No comments:

Post a Comment