Thursday 24 August 2017

My French Adventure!!!!




It feels like ages since I last posted, I've missed blogging! 
I've been away for a few days in France, Brittany, spending time with my friend and her family. I thought I could share with you guys what I did there! 


Day 1 

My mum and I got up at 5:45 to get to the airport for 7:00 to avoid traffic, this was to make sure we had enough time to go and have some breakfast and check in, in time for our 11:20 flight!! 
Our flight was a relaxing flight, it only took 1 hour and 10 minutes to get to France and when we arrived at Nante airport, our friends picked us up and took us to their house which was an hours drive to Grande Champ. We relaxed and had lunch outside, it was quite a cold day (either that or I was just extremely tired)!!! 
My friend showed us the itinerary, which included going to Vanne Markets, a Chapel Tour to see art and going to the beach  in Carnac and general sight seeing. It all looked  like a lot fun as it included a LOT of relaxing, sight seeing and eating, we were up for it! 
Towards the end of the day, I went to bed exhausted after a busy and long day.

Day 2 
We got up  and had breakfast which my friends mum collected from the local bakery, everyone had fresh croissants. (I had my croissant with some raspberry jam and a cup of tea). We then set off at 11:20 to Vannes Market! 

I enjoyed walking around the markets, there was so many market stalls including, chocolate, vegetable, fish and clothes. The fish stall (which was inside) didn't smell too appealing, but we managed to walk through the market without throwing up! The weather was quite nice as we spent most of the day outside! When walking through the markets, the was just amazing, dainty with a rustic feel, which was probably why I took a lot of pictures!
When we got home, we spent most of our time outside and ate sandwiches, and relaxed until the evening where we drank, and ate crepes. I loved my savoury crepe (smoked ham and mushrooms) and, for my dessert I had a sweet crepe which was filled with a sweet, buttery caramel sauce!  After the meal, both me and my friend stayed up till 11pm as we got back late. 
















Day 3 

Both me and my friend got up at 11am and her mum went to get our breakfast, however, because she went to the bakery late, there were no croissants for us to eat, only pain au chocolat! However, I don't usually like the taste of the pastry but, I thought while I was in France I would try some, so I did, and I kid you not, it tasted amazing!!   After we had breakfast, we made our way to the car, where her dad drove us all to see some chapels with art inside. We took the red tour, which was only 35km (the shortest distance out of all the tours), and we saw 7 different chapels in total! The art was very interesting and quirky, and the chapels were very beautiful! 

My favourite was the chapel was situated in between a massive rock, which was so cool to see! We then went home and relaxed, then had a meal and went to bed at 12pm (as we spent most of the evening playing solitaire). Thank you to my friend for teaching me, we'll have to play it again some time!





Day 4 

Our penultimate day. We went to a cool little quirky town called Auray! Again, like the markets, it was very lovely to see all the market stalls running in the blazing sun-shine. I took lots of pictures and visited lots of cool artsy shops. When we finished looking around, we went home and ate and drank lots, sat outside and sun-bathed. Something we hadn't done, during the rest of the week as it had been  too cold to do! Me and my friend drank lots of traditional apple cider and went to sleep at about 12am as we had played another round of solitaire!



Day 5 

Our final day, I was sad to go but happy at the same time because I had missed England and my own home! Again we got up at 10:30, had breakfast and jumped into the car for 11am to go to Carnac Beach! I loved this beach as the white sand is jewelled  with pretty sea-shells! However, because, the weather was being naughty (on the phone it said it was going to hit up to 25 degrees), when we woke up it was miserable, so I dressed in a top and trousers,  but when we got to Carnac Beach it was already 25 degrees and was slowly going up, I was roasting!! When we got there, we placed down our blankets and sun-bathed. 
My friend and her family are keen swimmers so they went into the sea while I only dipped my toes in,  but standing by the sea and dunking my toes into the water was really refreshing as it woke me up! 
After, we went exploring and went to l'igloo, which is an ice-cream shop who sells over 160 flavours of ice-cream. Some being really wacky flavours including ketchup and haribo flavour! I had two scoops of ice-cream, one flavour (my favourite by far) the candy-floss and the second flavour (I was disappointed in) was the creme brûlée as it tasted more lemony than actual creme brûlée! 
We got home, and I had to change as I was extremely hot (the temperature was now hitting 32 degrees) and my friend persuaded me to go into their pool, which was so refreshing! We then ate and drank and went to bed at 11pm because we had to get up early for the early morning flight home.





Day 6 

We got up bright and early and we ate breakfast as usual. we packed all of our things away and we got ready to go to the airport! Our friend and her mum drove us to the airport to get us there for our flight; we checked in and were off on our flight back to England! Again our flight was a quick flight, and when we returned we got on the mono-rail back to train-station and took a train from there to get a taxi home!! I was so glad to be back home to catch up on my sleep, but I really want to thank my friend and her family for having us, as it was a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday!!




Thank you so much for reading this, I hope you enjoyed reading about my French experience! 





xNx 


No comments:

Post a Comment