Saturday 26 August 2017

WATERMELON SLICE SHEET MASK



For those of you who have yet to try a 'sheet mask' including me, I thought I would start off with this product first as it looked very appealing!

This sheet mask is a little different from other sheet masks. Now I know with other sheet masks you can either have animal shaped masks or sheet masks which are made out of different materials, but with this sheet mask, it comes in little watermelon slices. I know, sounds crazy! 
I was completely bewildered by this style of sheet mask, so naturally, I thought I would give it a try, and I absolutely loved wearing them as they made my skin feel refreshed and plumper. 

I got this sheet mask from Urban Outfitters. I knew they did some cool and wacky facial sheet masks and I wanted to try them out, as I had never tried a sheet mask before. I know right.. a bit late on the bandwagon. To be safe, I thought I would pick one of these slice sheet masks, so I chose one which was the most pink and exotic looking- the water melon slice sheet masks https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/en-gb/shop/uo-exclusive-kocostar-slice-fibre-sheet-mask?category=skin-care&color=060 . There were other slice sheet masks available such as the pineapple and cucumber, and for one pack, which includes two sheets, it costs £4.  

After a few weeks, I tried the mask. I wanted to save this one, as I wanted to savour; I regretted not buying the other slice sheet masks even though they looked so cool . When I opened the packet, it smelt like fresh water-melon and were very watery. I took out the two sheets and I was a bit puzzled  about how to take the slices out as I didn't want to rip them. The slices were very fragile, very small, and were less watery then the sheet they lay on, which I loved and when I put them on my skin, they stuck in place, and wouldn't move until they became drier. The slices look like this, they were cute, and were easy to apply.


I loved the slice sheet masks and I wouldn't mind buying another pack. They left my skin feeling brighter, refreshed, smoother and hydrated. 

Even though I loved this sheet slice mask, the slices  fell off after 18 mins, when in fact they were supposed to last around 25-30 mins. Furthermore, even though the contents contained 2 packs of sheet slice masks. I found that I used all of the packs contents at once. 
My face is small, and while the sheet mask had 16 slices on it, they didn't cover all of my face. I had to use all 32 slices. 
Even though these sheet masks do have some weaknesses, I  think the positives outweigh the negatives and I will definitely be purchasing some more! 
I will absolutely purchase the watermelon one again, and I will most likely purchase the pineapple slice sheet mask. I give this mask 8.5/10, because it did what it said on the package, smelt lovely and refreshing, was good value and the packaging was eye catching! 

I hope you enjoyed this review and I hope your curiosity gets the better of you so go out there and purchase these wacky face masks!


xNx

No comments:

Post a Comment