Monday 14 August 2017

4 STAPLE TRAVEL ITEMS


As I am going travelling abroad in the next couple of days, I thought I would do a post on the 4 essential travel items that I feel are very important when I'm on holiday!




1. Lip Balm 

I wear lip balm almost ALL the time now! I AM OBSESSED! 
Before, I wasn't the one for lip balm until a very unfortunate beauty incident happened where I cut my lip and since then, I've been applying lip balm every single day. Luckily, this helped to keep my lips moist and helped the skin to heal.
I think lip balm should be an essential item in your travel bag, (specially if you are going to a hot country), as the sun dries out your lips, since we don't have sebaceous glands in our lips  (thanks for the fun fact mum 😉), we need lip balm to help soften and moisten our lips! 
I absolutely love my lip balm and need to purchase another one before I go on holiday as my tube has nearly come to an end due to its overuse!
Lip-Balm also acts as a clear lip-gloss, so if you can't take your lip-glosses/lipsticks with you, you can use your a lip-balm!


2.  Travel Hair Brush

I love this travel hair brush because of the pattern! I adore the flamingo print as it reminds me of SUMMER!!! 
I have wanted one of the 'Skinny-Dip' tangle-teezers for ages, and I'm so glad I have it as it is such a good size for travelling as it can fit easily into any handbag large or small! 
I love how it comes in a case as well because you can just pop it in your hand-bag. The case is good as it stops the hair going into your hand-bag. This item is so compact and ideal for taking it to the beach, showers or 'poolside'. 


3. A Good Book 

Whether it's reading on a plane or by the pool I love reading on holiday!! I feel that this is the time where I can fully relax and not have to stress on what to do or have to constantly check my phone. 
I am currently reading 'GirlHood' by Cat Clarke and can't wait to finish reading it just so I know what happens in the end! I find reading so tranquil when I'm away as I know this time on holiday is 'my time' to spend doing what I want, which is different from when I'm reading at home as I have too many distractions! 





4. A Nice Pair Of Sun-Glasses 

I love going on holiday because that means I get to wear my sunglasses as there's not many opportunities in the UK!! I FINALLY get to wear my Ray-Bans (see my previous post on this item). I haven't had the chance to wear them since I bought them, so I am very glad that I get to wear them on holiday! I can also accessorise outfits around them, which I am very excited about! 





Thank you for reading this post, I won't be blogging now until I return from my holidays  x 




Keep your eyes peeled in the next coming weeks when I come back, I'll blog my holiday!!




xNx










No comments:

Post a Comment