Friday 4 August 2017

Can We Talk About: Harry Styles



Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how hot Harry Styles looks in this picture.  I know... dreamy isn't he. 💖😻
I wanted to download his album because I wanted to see if his singing lived up the same standard as his acting. Yes I know his album has been out a long time, and yes, I know that I am late on the bandwagon again! I'm sorry!! 
I had an inkling his album would be good after I watched the Dunkirk movie, as his acting skills certainly matched up to his singing skills!  I have to say, Styles' acting lived up to my expectations! I wanted to go and see Dunkirk as soon as I saw the trailer (and no, I didn't want to see it because of Harry's performance, but that would be another reason as well), so, as soon as we got back from holiday, we watched it. 
In my mind, as soon as you say 'oh this artist is playing a role in a film' my mind soon fills with disappointment as the artists role isn't usually good, they can sing but not act and with Styles I thought exactly that! 
However, as soon as I watched the movie I was pleasantly surprised, his acting was one of the best performances I had seen! I knew straight away that I should check his album out, and as soon as I got home, I was straight on iTunes. 


I had come across the album before as I had previously bought Sweet Creature, but I didn't want to buy the rest of the album because when I first heard his new song 'Sign of The Times' I honestly thought it wasn't all that. When I read all the reviews I knew I may have judged it way too early, so I bought the album expecting to hate it, but I have got to say I LOVE IT!!! I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT!! I have even fallen  in love with 'the Sign Of The Times'!!!
Harry's acting and singing are equally amazing, as his singing has an indie/rock kinda vibe to it, while he acts like a professional actor! I love Styles' music as each track has it's own vibe to it, which is so cool! There are a total of 10 tracks on his album and, while they are all so unique and quirky, I absolutely love Carolina, Two Ghosts, Sweet Creature, Only Angel and Kiwi! 
 I wish I hadn't judged a track by its album  cover and had bought the album when it was first out, not when I had just watched Dunkirk, but I had forgotten my love for Harry Styles as a musician.

I'm currently listening to his album as I am writing this post because I can't get enough of it! 
This is a little bit different to my other posts, so thanks for reading x 

xNx



No comments:

Post a Comment