Wednesday 5 February 2020

Netflix Must Watch: 'The Stranger'

See the source image



Image credit  

Hi guys, First and Foremost, I just wanted to say Happy New Year to my MiddlingAround subscribers and thank you so much for giving my blog so much love and support.I know I’ve said this for a while, hopefully I will be continuing writing while I am at University, however you get the gist, I might not post in-between assignments, but I promise to be more consistent this year (this year more than EVER).I know it’s February, but here’s my first ‘Netflix Must-Watch’ of the DECADE (can you BELIEVE IT), so here’s what I’ve ‘binge watched’ whilst balancing my social and Uni life. 

‘The Stranger’ came onto Netflix on the 30th of January, and I kid you not, when I watched the trailer, I was so caught up in the suspense of the whole drama that I just knew I wanted to watch it in one go. Even as I watched TV (yes, I still watch television even though I’m a Millennial SHOCKER) most of the interviews I watched could not give any details away because it all connected together, which made me even more intrigued. However, I did not start watching it until the first or the second of February as I had just watched Ru-Pauls Drag Race UK (I know I’m not much on the bandwagon am I), and needed something to fit that lonely hole in my heart reserved for television shows, so I decided on watching ‘The Stranger’.


I’ll tell you the complete truth, I was utterly confused at first. The things I had seen on the trailer were shown fairly quickly, but the twists and turns of how the incidents of the residents became connected made me continue watching it.To be fair, I did Google the ending (who doesn’t love a spoiler alert) and even after seeing that I was still confused, this answered none of my questions as I barely knew the names of some of the key characters. I don’t want to ruin the plot for you, as if I tell you even a small thing, it could ruin the rest of the plot for you, but what I will tell you is that it’s a psychological thriller which surrounds an English family.  Each family member has their own secret, which will humiliate them if their secret ever got out. It’s only got eight episodes too, however if that does seem long to you, watch it in two parts like I did, having a two-hour break to clear your head. But it does get you hooked! 


ENJOY :) 


 xNx



No comments:

Post a Comment