Monday 31 July 2017

Holding Up The Universe



Once in a blue moon, I will choose a book to read, and read it from start to finish! I read this book in the Easter holidays, and, I have got to say I LOVED it! I don't usually like reading books (not a good thing if I want to study English at Uni), but I don't, and that's the truth. However, this book is something else and I honestly couldn't put it down. The bad thing was I wanted to savour this book, but the fact that I couldn't put it down really says a lot! 
I first heard about this book when Zoe tweeted about it on her Twitter last year. And since I had read another Jenifer Niven book called All The Bright Places, I decided to give this a go, because I absolutely adored All The Bright Places. I fell in love with the character Finch, and I absolutely loved the plot and I wanted to see if this book Holding Up The Universe would hold a place in my heart!  

The first thing that attracted me to the book was the front cover, yes, I went there, I judged the book by its cover! It's really simplistic and doesn't really reveal anything about the book at all, which I really loved! Another thing I loved, was the fact that Zoe was the one to recommend it, and if Zoe recommended it, it had to be good! (All The Bright Places was one of her picks in her 2016 book club). I knew I had to pick this book because I loved the way that Niven wrote; I felt all the emotions coming from the pages and was very attached to the characters of the book. I longed for another Jenifer Niven book to read since I loved All The Bright Places so much; so, when Zoe tweeted that Niven was coming out with another book, I knew I had to purchase this book! 

In early 2017, I purchased the book and received it from Waterstones. I decided to read this book in the Easter holidays, as I was still in school and just wanted to read this book when I didn't have as much work to do. I read the synopsis first, and I knew this book was the one  because I got into the synopsis straight away. I started reading and after a week, (yes I know I'm a slow reader) I finished the book! 

The book was INCREDIBLE!! Niven's plot, characters and the way she flips between storylines was absolutely amazing; she is such a skilled writer, and one of my favourites because this book was just ,  superb! The book is set in America, and focuses on Jack Masselin who has prosopagnosia (inability to recognise people's faces) and Libby Strout (branded the 'fattest teen' in America) she put on weight due to her mothers death. The story flits between both characters storylines, until they meet in school due to an unfortunate event, when a love story commences. Niven beautifully moulds both storylines together and the way she digs deep into the  issues of Libby's story is just fantastic and how Libby deals with her issues is wonderful!  Niven brings up real-life issues and, because of this, readers are able to deal with these issues because of how Niven writes about how to deal with them. This book is full of twists and turns, and will make you laugh and cry! 
If you want to read romance novel which deals with issues that can help you fit in with society, this is the book for you!   Niven writes this book with so much enthusiasm that you will become attached to each characters and their families, that you won't know what to do after you've finished this book! This book is just magnificent!  I have heard that a film version of All The Bright Places is being made, if that is true, I can't wait to see it! It would be even better if a film version of Holding Up The Universe Came Out; I would be the first person to see it! 

Now that I have finished this book, I am reading one of Zoe's other Book Club Books from her 2017 range called GirlHood by Cat Clarke. Comment down below and let me know how you found it. 




I hope you enjoyed this 

xNx



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment