Friday 28 July 2017

Not Your Original Pair Of RayBans

Follow my blog with Bloglovin





You may be wondering why the title of this post reads as 'not your original pair'.  The answer is that they aren't an original pair of RayBan glasses, they are my own customised version. I decided to get these specs purely because I needed a new pair of sunglasses. I know what you may be thinking, I should've bought makeup, shoes or even a vintage backpack, but, how often do girls think to themselves 'I need a new pair of sunglasses?' I don't think I've ever even questioned it myself up until now! 

While on holiday in Budapest, (see my previous post) I was staying at the Stacio Hotel & Spa Resort with my mum and my mind started wondering on what to buy. Prior to this, my mum had already told me 'don't spend this money on makeup' (because I  had lots of makeup already); instead, I picked up my phone and  scoured the web to find  the most popular sunglasses sites.  
My first search was actually Quay Australia, but, alas, they did not have the sunglasses that I liked. Sadly the sunglasses I wanted were out of stock.
 Straightaway I opened another tab, and before I knew it, I was on the RayBans website!  I immediately went to the Aviator style sunglasses because I knew they were the most popular (thanks to Top Gun), and  was actually going to get this pair of customised Aviators  https://www.ray-ban.com/uk/customise/rb-3025-aviator-large-metal-sunglasses (I even tried them on with the help of a  a virtual model. This is done by showing you how the glasses will look like on your face; and  is easy if you let the computer have access to your camera.) This tool is extremely helpful if you want to try the glasses first before you purchase them. I definitely recommend doing this, because you don't want to purchase something that you think is perfect on the website, but might not suit you when they're on your face. 

However, something stopped me. I knew I didn't want to follow the crowd by purchasing the Aviator style glasses, so, I decided against them and picked the Ja-Jo REMIX style glasses; a rounded style (think John Lennon) https://www.ray-ban.com/uk/customise/rb-3592-ja-jo-sunglasses?token=7018F0E4-7AD2-4B3F-956E-E7179CD72BC8.
 I FINALLY picked the  style of glasses I wanted and when customising them, I decided on a gunmetal frame, pink lenses and light blue tips! ( I wanted something unique and classic to fit my own individual style, and of course my love of pink and pastel colours.)
With that, there was only one thing I had left to do! That was picking the glasses case, so, I decided to pick the leather grey one because I thought it was the perfect colour scheme, matching the glasses. I also had the case engraved with my name on the centre of the case (which is extra cost). When engraving your case, you can fill 2 lines with 18 characters (like Twitter minus the 122 characters) and emojis. You could pick a heart, musical note/s, sun or a smiley face. Mine has a heart and a smiley face. 

However, I couldn't purchase them until after the trip, so I kept the tab open. When me and mum eventually came back,  I couldn't wait, so I bought them as soon as we entered the house. We came back on the 22nd, and the glasses arrived on the 26th. They arrived pretty quickly,  considering they came from Italy!!! 



As soon as I received them, I fell in love with them straightaway! The glasses were exactly as I customised them, and look so pretty and vintage. I loved the RayBans box it came in, and the case was everything I dreamed of, it suited my aesthetic so well! I especially loved the blue tips; I think it really adds that little bit of uniqueness to the glasses, which contrasts with the pink lenses. I love, love, love the little RayBans trademark sign over on the left-hand side of the glasses, which makes me want to treasure these forever!!! I can also mix and match them with different outfits, neutrals or bright colours.

However, despite everything which is so perfect with these glasses, I have to say, I struggled with the sizing of them. One, because I didn't want to pick the wrong size (if I did purchase them in the wrong size, I would then have to pay more money to get it measured to fit my small head) and two, because I had never experienced sizing before; due to the fact that these are the first real sunglasses I have ever  purchased. The ones I had before were from NastyGal, and don't get me wrong I love them, but they came in one size that fitted all. On RayBans there are two sizes standard size, and large size. (I picked standard because RayBans states 'they are the most widespread' size). Fortunately, when they came, they fitted me like a glove!!!

Despite the cold weather, I will wear these glasses on  future holidays,  in the hot weather or if I need an accessory to spice my outfit up, these glasses can be worn whenever (well, not if it's cloudy) haha. 

Thank you for reading this post, and taking time out from whatever your doing. 
xNx 

No comments:

Post a Comment