Monday 10 June 2019

Netflix Must Watch: 'Always Be My Maybe'

Image result for always be my maybe


Hi guys, 

As soon as I saw this movie trailer on Netflix, I knew I had to watch it. I saved it in ‘my list’ category on Netflix as it hadn’t been released when I first saw the trailer. However, as soon as I came home, I forgot what was on Netflix as I was busy doing other stuff; so when I logged on I instantly clicked on it. Let me tell you. It is FABULOUS. 
It’s so comedic, heartwarmingly precious and annoying at times, (you just want both characters to get together). 

The plot focuses on Sasha (played by Ali Wong) and Marcus (played by Rendall Park), who were neighbours, hence growing up together. 
However, they grow apart and we see what has happened to them as the story comes back to the modern day. Sasha, has become a Chinese chef who is looking to open up a San Francisco restaurant, while Marcus has continued to live in his dad’s house; working for his dad’s business, while also playing gigs in his spare time. 

The rom-com storyline is very predictable as this is where they get to know each other again, and see where their lives have taken them. Falling in love with each other as they do. But, what I love about this is the fact that it’s so comedic and hooks you right until the very end because the plot is less than straightforward. 
Furthermore, I love how great the soundtrack is and I love how it’s main characters are Asian. I love how the media are making movies to showcase the great Asian talent which seems to be becoming more and more eye-opening. I mean we have ‘Crazy Rich Asian’ and ‘To All the Boys’, which are also great movies; and seeing Asian actors/actresses in this light demolished the stereotypes once thought about them. 

I hope you take the chance to watch this movie as it’s hilarious and worth the watch. Plus, a special guest makes an appearance, and to me this makes the storyline even more comedic. I totally recommend this movie to anyone who just wants a laugh, while it has got emotional scenes, the comedic scenes will make you cry with laughter! 
It’s definitely worth the watch. 

xNx

No comments:

Post a Comment