Friday 3 May 2019

Must Watch: Fleabag


I asked you guys on Twitter and Instagram if you wanted this and most of you wanted the review so here it is! Can I just say how excited I am about writing a review about this, it ticks all my boxes: half an hour episodes, good cast and good plot line. I LOVED IT!! 

I know it was released aggggeeesss ago, but I watched this due to a Youtuber's recommendation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPO0A_Pjrac) I've linked the video so you can watch it, but after hearing that review I knew I had to watch it. I also listened to Estée Lanlonde's podcast called 'On The Line' with Sammi Maria and she talked about watching Fleabag again. That's it I thought, you have to watch this programme due to the amount of good reviews on it. 

So I watched it, I watched Season 1 on Amazon Prime, and I watched Season 2 on BBC iPlayer. While I binged Season 2 (I had to because it was SO good), I watched Season 1 within a couple of days. However, I didn't like Season 1 as much as Season 2 as I think the first Season is darker than Season 2. But I do recommend watching Season 1 beforehand so you get to know Fleabag's backstory as to why her life is falling apart. 
Also, can i just talk about how hot the priest is in Season 2 , OMG he is to die for honestly! Furthermore, I like how his relationship with Fleabag grows over the Season, however it does end on a bittersweet ending! 
I love the writing and I love how this was first a play and I wish I got tickets for Fleabag the play at the Westend, but I think it's now sold out (cue tears falling down eyes). 

Even though it is on Amazon Prime, both seasons are on BBC iPlayer, and I hope they stay on there because it is such a good watch. If I could sum it up in three phrases  I would say: girl power, toxic relationships and learning to love yourself. 

Finally, I just have to say that I'm considering watching Season 2 again because it's just so witty and heartbreaking at the same time, it is honestly the best thing on iPlayer. It's only 12 episodes in total (6 for Season 1 and 6 for Season 2) so it won't take you too long to watch, I mean it's only half an hour per episode, so you can watch it after revision or if you're relaxing. 
I'll even start watching 'Killing Eve' as Phoebe Waller-Bridge (the actress who played Fleabag), wrote 'Killing Eve' so if you like 'Killing Eve' watch 'Fleabag' or visa versa. 

I loved this show so much and it's so sad that it's ended. 

xNx


No comments:

Post a Comment