Saturday 25 August 2018

Let's Talk About: To All the Boy's I've Loved Before

Image result for to all the boys i loved before poster



Hey there, it's been ages since I last posted so I thought I should review another film for you! Now this film has only been out a couple of days (it came out on the 17th) but I've already watched it twice and fallen in love with it.  I should tell you now that these are a trilogy of books so Netflix, please make a sequel! (I also need to start reading these books).

If you guys don't know what I'm on about or have been living under a rock, it's this new film on Netflix called 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before' and it's about a girl called Lara Jean who writes letters to five of her crushes, however one day they get sent out to all of them. 
This movie deals with the aftermath of how Lara Jean feels now the letters are out, while also looking at how she falls in love with one of her crushes named Peter. 

I promise you I won't give anymore away as I definitely recommend that you watch this movie.. it's worth it! Furthermore, since I've watched it twice I am able to tell you that you will fall in love with the story as it's a romantic comedy so it's a pretty easy watch, it's neither too intense nor is it dense. Also, you will find that the character's are relatable such as Lara Jean, she is sweet and wants to be invisible, however, when the letters come to light she can no longer stay invisible. 
What's so relatable about Lara Jean is that she is the 'girl next door' in the sense that she doesn't want to be the centre of attention nor has she truly found where she 'belongs' in the world. As I was watching this movie, I fell in love with Lara Jean and loved seeing how she opened up to Peter and how she finally felt comfortable to open up, exposing her true self to love and her emotions.  Finally, I love Lana Condor playing the role of Lara Jean she's just really cute, sweet and a real genuine person. 

The thing I like about Peter Kavinsky, Lara's love interest, is how genuine and humble he is towards Lara Jean's feelings. He allows her to take time to figure things out without forcing her to feel certain things. There's a very cute scene where him and Kitty are play-fighting and he  moves the popcorn out of the way when watching Fight Club with both Lara Jean and her sister Kitty, therefore he is #boyfriendmaterial. 
Even though he is a jock, he doesn't seem to have this big ego that most male counterparts have when playing a love interest in a romantic comedy. Furthermore, he just seems like he is in touch with his feelings and I love the chemistry that both him and Lara Jean have, it hits me right in the feels, as it's just so adorable to watch the love blossom between the two of them. 

 Finally, Noah Centineo is the perfect casting for Peter Kavinsky as Centineo is just the most genuine, deep guy who is (like Kavinsky) in touch with both his thoughts and emotions. I especially love the chemistry between Condor and Centineo behind the scenes as these two are just the cutest. You will fall in love with both Centineo and Kavinsky. (I'm not lying). 

I recommend that you should watch this movie because it has substance and you will not get bored with the movie, Peter Kavinsky, relatable issues such as how to find yourself and opening yourself up to expressing yourself, Lara Jean and the importance of family. 

I hope you liked this review

xNx











No comments:

Post a Comment